miércoles, 24 de mayo de 2017

Informal email

Lluís Sala
ESO 4
Writing: Informal email

Writing task: Write an email to a friend to give them some exciting news.

Plan:
Paragraph 1: Ask your friend questions about him or her and tell them how you've been.
Paragraph 2: Give some news or explain your first reason for writing.
Paragraph 3: Give another piece of news or explain your second reason for writing.
Paragraph 4: Finish the email and say why you have to stop writing.

Useful language:

Greetings: Hi. Hi there. Hiya...
Responding to a message: Thanks for your email. It's great to hear from you. Sorry it's taken me so long to reply
Asking about your reader: How are you? How's it going? What's up? How are things with you? How have you been? What's new? What have you been doing since...?
Talking about you: I've been really busy. Guess what! I've got some great/amazing/sad news. I'm having an amazing/great/terrible time. I'm having the time of my life!
Talking about experiences: I decided to go along to... so I'm really pleased. It's never happened to me before, but....
Endings: I'd better go now. Anyway, I've got to go now. I'll be in touch again soon.
Sign-offs: Bye for now. Write soon! See you soon. Take care. Lots of love. Love from

Final text:

Hello Isaac,
How are things? Do you still play tennis? I've just started school and I'm going pretty well. Sorry for the delay. I've been busy with my trainings.

Guess what! I've got some great news! Last weekend me, my sister and my parents visited Belgium because my mother had a conference there. The first day, when my mother was at the conference we visited Brussels and the second day, we went all 4 to Louvain and Brussels again.

My other news are that in Brussels, we met a friend who was studying there, he showed us interesting things of the city and we had lunch together. It was a very good experience and I enjoyed it a lot.
Anyway, How are things at your school? Do you like it? I have to go because the dinner is ready.
Looking forward to meet again,

Lluís

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario